Howard County Pays You BACK to Pump!
Howard County Residents, when you contract with Legacy Septic for residential septic tank services, The Septic Savers Incentive Program will pay you back $100! Legacy is an approved contractor for the program and will service your residential septic tank, provide your name and address at the Howard County septage plant and then email you an invoice so that you may apply for the $100 rebate.
Please confirm the current status of the program and get more information at www.cleanwaterhoward.com
———— Below is more information from the Howard County Storm Water Website —————–
Save Money, Save Your System, Save Our Water
What is it?
Septic Savers is a Howard County program that aims to promote proper septic maintenance. We offer a $100 reimbursement to residents who pump their septic tanks every 3-5 years. The Howard County Health Department recommends having your tank pumped every 3 years.
We have limited funds available and reimbursements are offered on a first come, first served basis. You may only apply if you have already pumped your tank with a licensed hauler. You are only eligible to apply once every three years (from the date of the pump that was last reimbursed). We do not recommend or endorse any of the haulers on this list; however, these are the ONLY companies legally able to haul waste in Howard County. Please do research to determine if a hauler and their methods are for you and be sure they are on our licensed hauler list. If you have difficulty completing the online application or would like to have an application mailed to you, please email email@example.com.
- You must have your tank pumped by a licensed septic hauler (there is a complete list on the application and linked here).
- Submit proof in the form of an invoice attached to the application within one year of the pump date
- You must be a residential or agricultural1 property owner
- You must have pumped no earlier than February 6, 20172. This was the start date of the program. Unfortunately, we do not have enough funding to reimburse for pumps that occurred before this date.
- You are only eligible for reimbursement once every three years (no sooner than 3 years after the date of the last pump that received reimbursement through this program).